Monday, February 25, 2008

More and more

Yay! I have positive proof that at least three of you are reading along with me! Your comments have motivated me to start blogging a little bit more frequently. I have some amazing photos of Franklin to share, but they are at home. We are still between internets at the apartment, but our DSL is supposed to be activated on Tuesday. In the meantime, more fantasy realty goodness.



I have been stalking this house for MONTHS, I tell you. It is in U. City, north of Olive. I have actually been inside this house - I went to an estate sale there over the summer. The inside of this place is totally grotty and would need a total rehab - but I can't get over the rad windows and roof line. The inside actually has a decent amount of space. Also awesome is the full, clean basement. Lots of these atomic ranch houses were built on slabs. Great for California living, but not so much an option here in tornado country.

I've probably spent far too many minutes thinking about this house, but my rehab would involve taking out the wall between the kitchen and the dining/living area and opening up the whole space. We would need to have a fireplace added; being able to light things on fire is very dear to my husband.

I am really hoping that when the time comes for us to buy, we can find something in U. City. We might end up with a smaller house than we would have if we looked farther out, but that area has so many advantages. And - hello - single stream recycling! Duh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOooooo...your last fantasy real estate had me hunkered down on the St. Louis Coldwell Banker site for hours when I should have been working on a charity silent auction book thing for the SPCA....here we go again. Matt insists that your first fantasy was not *really* in a bad neighborhood.