Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fantasy Real Estate #3

How likely is it that I'll have the time, motivation and skill to rehab a house myself? That is pretty much my ultimate fantasy, but it might remain a fantasy for many, many years.

Thing is, I don't see the point of spending a lot for someone else's taste. Yes, there are plenty of beautiful houses out there, but everything I've seen would have to be changed to suit our taste, at least a little. It makes sense (in my mind) to buy something lower-priced and make the updates as we go (or, you know, pay someone to do it, but you know what I mean) to end up with a beautiful house that is perfect for us.

I know that idea goes against the "real estate as an investment" theory that many financial conservatives hold, but you know what? Fuck it. I want a house that is our space, just for us, that makes me happy to be in.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...fantasy realty volume 3!





7424 Carleton, 63130. Again with the no-fireplace, and it needs a lot of work, but this house could be a real gem. Also, it is priced reasonably enough that we could afford to fix it up pretty quickly. Hmph.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I was kinda thinking that as well. I am also concerned, because I don't see Jeremy as a re-habbing type. Am I wrong on that? I think that you should fly me up in exchange for re-habbing labor. Bwah hah hah! But I can get...whenever off now that I am self-employed and it will help me relieve some of my jealousy of home owners.