Monday, June 11, 2007

Finished!



As promised, pictures of the pillowcases I embroidered for Boomer's wedding shower. I bought Racine (AKA Boomer) and her beloved the two feather pillows that were on their registry, but felt like I needed to add a personal touch. I picked up some cream colored pillow cases new at Target. They are 60% Cotton, 40% Bamboo. Very substantial feeling.



I printed out the phrase "sleeps with wieners" using my favorite font. The dachshund silhouette was lifted from someone's eBay auction and enlarged with Fireworks. I used good old-fashioned chalk transfer paper to trace my silhouette on one pillow case, and the phrase on another (it works just like carbon paper.) The outlines were worked using the same backstitch I've been doing since the fourth grade.



The only thing I wish I would've known was that the hand-dyed silk embroidery floss I bought really needed to be pre-soaked. I went to wet the cases after I was done with the stitching and the red started bleeding all over the place. I've run the cases through three loads with Oxi-Clean, and they are *almost* perfect. Maybe once more.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Adorable! My friend has a pillow that says something about sleeping with her Pug. Too cute!

Bobbi said...

Have i mentioned that I really wish I was in St. Louis doing fun stuffs with you all of the time?