Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In Like a Lion...

It's true; we're having more winter weather. Over the weekend we were wearing shorts, and now it's freaking snowing and 28 degrees out. They're predicting 4-6 inches, but I don't believe it...

For your entertainment, the top five songs that get stuck in my head:

1. Return to Sender, Elvis Presley
2. Spooky, Classics IV
3. Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie, Jay and the Techniques
4. Meet James Ensor, They Might Be Giants
5. Benny and the Jets, Elton John**

I'd like to point out that I do not know the complete lyrics to any of these songs. Generally, I'll get one phrase stuck on repeat over, and over, and over. I start out singing it properly, but as I get more frustrated, I start subbing in my own lyrics, usually about the dogs.

Gah, I am so much like my dad on this. Must be genetic ;)

**I listened to this song for many years without a second thought. When we went on our honeymoon, the couple that sat across from us at dinner every night were our doppelgangers in many ways. One night, we had a conversation about songs that get stuck in your head, and how he sang the chorus from Benny to get songs out of her head. It's been in *my* head ever since.

No comments: