Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dogged

Franklin is quite meddlesome most of the time. That's pretty much a dachshund hallmark, but dam it can get annoying. I've been working diligently to wash, iron and fold a boatload of fabric that I recently procured (for a good value!) and Frank insists on being in the middle of everything. Generally I don't mind, in fact, I think his tenacity is kind of cute.

This weekend, however, he's been acting especially bad. I don't know if it's because he's bored, or what, but in the past 24 hours he's:
  • Chewed 3/4 the buttons off my favorite green sweater, leaving big holes behind
  • Mounched the strap off of one brown T-strap shoe. My only brown dressy shoes, of course.
  • Terrified the neighbor's cocker spaniel
  • Gotten into my craft supplies and helped himself. See below:
Even Rita has been badder than usual this weekend. She was definitely an accomplice in the craft supply heist; when I walked in she was chewing on a pinecone (no idea where that came from?). Last night I dropped her leash and she took off towards the rabbit patch and hid in the bushes for 10 minutes , while I wandered around looking for her.

One of Jeremy's big things as we look for a house is having a space to himself where the dogs can't go. Now I can understand why.

Assholes.

No comments: